Thursday, June 6, 2013

The bride comes from the heart of dawn... ~ Shakespeare

After we talked about the dream dress and shared inspiring pictures, I knew the dress was going to be special.  

Melissa came to visit in March for two weeks.
Two weeks to make the dress of her dreams.  
From scratch. 
No pattern.
Yes, trust me on this one...it was SO FUN!!!

We spent 3-4 days just creating a pattern, and then we found the perfect fabric for a fabulous price, gathered the materials for her birdcage veil, and her dreams started to come to life.

Her birdcage is full of hand-crafted silk flowers, antique bits of lace, dried flowers and lots of love. Her gown, which fit her so perfectly was finished in time, and after a very fun two weeks, she returned home to finish wedding preparations and was married on the 20th of April.  

As I mentioned in my last post, after the dress was done and my dear friend Kathryn did Melissa's hair and makeup, we went ALL over downtown for a photo shoot.  I'd LOVE to do it again!

A side view of the birdcage.

More loveliness...you can see the details on the birdcage better here.

Yellow, red and navy were her wedding colors!

Lounging at La Mo, our favorite little restaurant in town!





 All that trim...sewn on by hand!




Love brick walls!


 A happy bride!

Taken.

Oh, and I really want this door!

 So beautiful!


A bustled train.



Penny for your thoughts?

Awwwww!!!

New last name!

So there you have it...a few of my favorite shots from the day!  There are actually 127 photos, but I figured that was a bit much to upload. :P

5 comments:

Butler Family Member said...

You did an absolutely GORGEOUS job on the dress, Tiffany!
How long did it take to make the veil?
Love the pictures...
~Kelsey

Simply Tiffany said...

Hi Kelsey!

Thanks! It really was so much fun!

Ummm...I think I spent a few hours on it. But it was totally worth it...she looked beautiful!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So stunning! What a wonderful gift to be able to sew your sister's bridal gown! It suits her....

And the birdcage veil is great too!

Deanna

Katrina @ Edelweiss Patterns said...

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures! I adore Melissa's gown, and I was hoping you'd share some more photos than just what were taken at the wedding. (Her makeup for the photo shoot was lovely!) I think the best unique element is the lace edging trim at the dropped waistline, or else the eyelets and lacing up the back. Gorgeous!

I have to say, though, that your own wedding dress still takes the cake. :)

How did you possibly find time to sew with two babies around the house?

Simply Tiffany said...

Katrina,

Glad you enjoyed them! We had a blast taking them before she went back home...I was hoping to get some more photos at the wedding, but alas...it was sort of a crazy day!

The lace at the dropped waist is actually antique lace...so she had "something old!" Ben's grandmother loves anything old, as do I, and she has given me CRATES of old lace...Melissa and I couldn't imagine her gown without a touch of antique lace on it! And hand sewn eyelets are the best!

Hehe...I, too, think my gown was prettier. Not that I'm biased, or anything... :P

Well, Melissa was here to help out with the kiddos while I was working, but they are very laid back children, and they both nap very well, so we managed to find the time!

Post a Comment