Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Let's give 'em the old pizazz! "

Pizazz. That's what I thought this dress needed. It is a simple dress, very comfortable, and it's pregnancy friendly! Yes, that's a beautiful thing right now. *smile*

I pulled this dress out of the closet and thought I'd play with some ideas. Never mind that I was attending a bridal shower for a friend (and soon to be sister-in-law!) last weekend. Never mind that I thought it would be nice to wear something "new." Never mind that her wedding colors are black and white with yellow flowers. Never mind that it was Thursday...two days to work on it. With some scissors in one hand, and yellow scraps in the other, I let the "creative juices" run away...


The original design wasn't bad, in fact, I still liked it. But I've worn it like this for a few years...so a splash of color was needed.

Nice length, ugly sleeves.

Ahh, a "new" dress!

Neckline ruffles and flowers.

With California "winter" days being frequently warmish (I still think that 58 is a bit on the chilly side), a little sweater for some extra warmth is a nice addition. Throw on some cute and comfy ballet flats (my favorite shoe choice!), and chunky jewelery...and voila! My "new" outfit is done!

Now I'm inspired to give some other items of clothing "the old pizazz!"

8 comments:

Sarah said...

It's amazing how some little touches can completely change a dress and make it look new!

Congrats on your pregnancy! When are you due?

Jessica McDonald said...

Oh, Tiff! I love it!! I'm going to have to bring up some of my old outfits when I come up. ;)

Love you! <3

Simply Tiffany said...

Sarah,

I love how that happens!

Thanks! We're pretty excited. *smile* I'm due on April 4th...can't come soon enough!

Jess,

*laughing* You can certainly do that...I'd love to help out. *smile*

Love ya! <3

Mikaela said...

Nice job, Tiffany! I absolutely love remaking clothes--it's so rewarding how a few hours (or few days) of work can yield a completely different look that's often better than the original.

Melyssa L. NicDhòmhnaill said...

That dress now looks incredibly CUTE!!! Cannot wait to see it in person!!

Love you, talented sista of mine!

Thomas and Lindsey said...

It is a girl post with girl comments but I will conquer all of this girlishness and add a manly comment:

It's sooooooo cute! :)

Thomas

JB said...

Very sweet! And you looked lovely at the shower.

On a side note, keep practicing Thomas, you will need it soon enough.

Happy sewing Tiff.
Love, Mumsie

Lauren said...

How adorable! You did a fabulous job, and turned out a lovely new dress!

Post a Comment