Monday, April 18, 2011

Don't blink...

Wow...I can't believe that one week ago today, my little one, Shapirti (Assyrian for "my beautiful " and my nickname for her) was born. It's been a long week for our little family...lots of new things to learn, to enjoy, and to experience together. I thought y'all might enjoy a few recent pictures...


Nap time with Mama. She's such a cozy little thing!

We had to run out the other night, which ended up being quite the ordeal! Ben realized that we hadn't taken the car seat out of the box yet, I realized that nursing the baby before we left the house would be a good idea, and once we were all finally in the car and pulling out of the driveway, I had another realization...diapers and wipes would be a good thing to take with us! We did make it to our destination and home again without any further mishap.


My...what big eyes you have!

The tail end of a yawn. Her yawns are big enough to be contagious and make me tired!

*sigh* Little fingers...

...and little feet. They don't stay small forever.

Wrapped up in a cozy blanket and catching sleep whenever possible.

A friend of ours made this adorable little hat for Shapirti...no, it doesn't match her outfit. Yes, it totally clashes with Ben's shirt, but she is SO cute in it!

A typical expression after she's done eating. Full, happy, and extremely drowsy.

Uncle Tom had to come back down the hill to hold her. After getting unsuccessful results from his many attempts to wake her up, he gave up. Maybe next time he can see her eyes!

And this is one of my favorites, so far. Morning time with Daddy. These two are just too cute together.

Check back to see more later!

~Tiffany

12 comments:

JB said...

Ohhhhh. She is already getting bigger, but will continue to be oh so cute. I laughed at your going out on the town prep - you will get the hang of it - but it seems like you have to bring half the house, sometimes!! Good work Mama and Daddy! Love you all, Mumsie/Grandmum

Jeremy Degenhart said...

Serrusly, that's an insanely cute kid. And I don't tell everyone that.

Also, you should be posting pronunciation guides for all this Assyrian you're teaching everyone...if I end up in Assyria, and mispronounce something, and cause a war, or get served weird pizza, I'm blaming you.

Jessica McDonald said...

I love all the pictures so much. I'm so blessed to be able to call her MY niece. *grin*

Looking forward to seeing her and you and Be in MAY!!!!

Melinda Ryken said...

*swoons* She.is.beautiful. :D You are one blessed woman, Tiff darlin'! *hugs* My favorite pictures are the first one and then the one with her on Ben's chest. SUCH a cutie! <3 Tell her not to grow up too fast though until I have a chance to meet her! ;)

Stacy McDonald said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot wait to hold her next month! So much cuteness in one household is just not fair to the rest of the world! Tell her not to grow up until we get there!

Love Y'all,

Mom

Cheryl (Copper's Wife) said...

She's beautiful! I can't wait to see her in person.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

She is so beautiful!

Love the last photo...great one of dad and daughter!

Can't wait to find out the name! But you nickname for her is so sweet!

Mikaela said...

Thanks for taking time out of the business of new motherhood to post these adorable pictures! Can't wait for the unveiling of her name. ;-)

Lauren said...

Perfectly precious!

Abigail said...

I can hardly wait to hold her next month! It seems so far away! =( I love the 3rd and last picture. She looks a lot like you and Ben. =)

Abigail

Stacy McDonald said...

OK - I just came to gaze on Hermina's loveliness again. Of course, it's kind of like watching reruns. *Hint Hint*

POST MORE PICTURES!!!!!

Simply Tiffany said...

Grandmum,

*laughing* Yeah, we'll get the hang of it one of these days! We did better when we came up on Thursday...then again, we DID bring half of the house, didn't we? Her bed, lots of extra clothes, bath stuff...yeah, it's more of an ordeal to leave now.

Jer,

Thanks! I think she's cute, too...but I might be a bit biased! *grin*

*laughing* Oh, pronunciation guides for Assyrian words? I guess we could do that. Lesson 1: Shapirti - sh-a (as in apple)-pur-tee...it means "My beautiful" How's that?!

Jess,

You bet you are!!! She's an absolute doll, very loved and she's blessed to have YOU has her aunt! We can't wait to see y'all, either! Just a few more weeks!!!!!! Love ya!

Meli,

I know...sometimes it keeps me up at night. I have an awesome husband, and sweet baby and a wonderful family...what more could I ask for?

*laughing* I'll tell her not to grow up too much, but I can't keep her from doing that... July isn't too far out now, and you'll get to meet her then!

Mom,

She is a cutie-pie! And so much fun, too! Two more weeks! She shouldn't grow too much before then! Her hair is looking more red, too! *sigh* They grow up so fast.... Love you!

Cheryl,

Thanks! We should be back at church soon. :)

Deanna,

I really think that she's a daddy's girl. She settles down with him and loves it when he reads out loud...it's sooo sweet. :) She gets her name on the 15th!

Mikaela,

You are very welcome! She's so fun to photograph...and then of course, I have to share pictures of my baby! :)

Lauren,

Thanks...we think so, too. *grin*

Abigail,

Only two more weeks and you'll be here!! I can't wait! You think she looks like both of us? I think so, too...only she is reeeeeeeeally cute!

Mom,

*laughing* More pictures are on the way!

Post a Comment